Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The 'mean' side of Pauleen


By Honey De Asis Orio (The Philippine Star) Updated September 22, 2009 12:00 AM

Photo is loading...
Pauleen Luna plays Sofia Montemayor in GMA 7’s Ikaw Sana: It’s my first time in a full-blast contravida

MANILA, Philippines - Pauleen Luna as Camille Sickat may have failed to win her Prince Charming in Adik Sa’yo. But in GMA 7’s current soap, Ikaw Sana, Pauleen as Sofia Montemayor, gets her man — albeit temporarily.
In both cases, Pauleen plays the third party in a relationship.
In real life, Pauleen says she can’t destroy a relationship. “I hope I won’t experience what Sofia did,” Pauleen says.
As Eliza Montemayor’s (played by Jennylyn Mercado) half-sister, Sofia is after her sibling’s boyfriend Michael (Mark Herras).
“I am so blessed with this opportunity of starring in a major role alongside Jennylyn and Mark,” states Pauleen. “I’m very thankful because it’s another break for me.”
Pauleen says it’s a refreshing project for her since she gets the chance to work again with Jennylyn and Mark after starring with them in 2006’s Blue Moon. This is also Pauleen’s reunion with direk Joel Lamangan from Adik Sa’yo who also directs the new soap. Ikaw Sana, a story that centers on love, lies, deceit and betrayal between two sisters airs weeknights before 24 Oras on GMA Telebabad.
“My character here is bad. As in BAD... bold letters talaga. Walang moment na maaawa kayo sa akin,” Pauleen refers to her role.
She adds the new project is quite a tough one but promises to do everything and give it a focus. “Minsan ka lang mabigyan ng ganitong opportunity, eh. I have to give all my effort because it’s my first time in a full-blast contravida,” Pauleen adds.
And what must be Pauleen’s secret of portraying the role well?
“My technique (in acting) is putting myself in the situation to perform the role perfectly. Iniisip kong totoo ’yun,” she reveals.
She too watches movies, especially those that star her idol Meryl Streep, to get a tip or two on being a contravida.
“She is very simple, very subtle,” Pauleen exclaims.
Right now Pauleen is happily single even if everyone insists she and Dennis Trillo are an item. What’s more important for Pauleen is she’s contented that way. With this new project, what more could she ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment